View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #8
Kimbo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Eligible Butchelor

Kimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST ReputationKimbo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
Seriously though, so many of my friends have always been younger but I am pretty settled now and don't party like I once did. I do feel very old in some ways. My immediate circle of friends is changing radically.

I find myself more and more wanting to be home in front of the fireplace with my honey and our dogs and kitties, I never imagined I would reach an age where I would rather eat dirt than go out. The only time I have more than 2 cocktails is at family stuff...and I consider that medicinal...ha.

Last weekend, we actually went to a bar with a friend, and as soon as the crowd lumbered in, we went home. It was 9:30. Yep. There used to be a time when I was at the bar almost every night...though who can afford that and a house now?

Anyone else see a change in things you enjoy and friendships as you age?
Many many changes, things I notice are about the same as yours. Staying up til midnight is a late night, and I cracked up when I visited my best friend of 30 years recently and he said "no drinking on a work night".

I really enjoy staying home. Now the big change for me is to move, had the economy not tanked I would of done it by now. My bones need warmth and sun...the cold, damp Seattle winters have run their course with me.

I'm sure I'll be back with more but right now I've gotta take a nap..hehe
Kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimbo For This Useful Post: