Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 PM   #47
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,401 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
My AARP magazine has an article that says 31% of people between the ages of 50-55 are helping support or completely supporting an adult child. That's really scary.
This is scary Okiebug61. What is even more scary is when people in this age group end up needing help from their parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I'm curious to know how they are defining "helping support". It could be just little stuff here and there.
It doesn't really matter how they define, "helping support" reflecting on the state of the economy for the last several years, if a person has more than one adult child to help, it can get right expensive, especially if they have children as well.

My manager raised his two kids to live high on the hog. The son had his own landscaping/lawn business, the daughter had a 4 yr RN degree. When the economy tanked, they were way over their 28 and 30 year old heads in debt. Huge houses, fine cars, all the big boy toys, he helped support both of their families, so they wouldn't all want to move home or lose everything they had.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: