ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,579 Times in 2,649 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Hello Crafty Folks,

I have a question....
Curious if anyone has had a table at a bazaar or craft fair before and if they had any hints or suggestions.

Was it worth it (cost wise)? What would you do different or not do?

I am looking at joining a couple this November. And dare I say the last craft fair I participated in I was 8. My best friend and I stenciled gift bags. What a cute memory. We were so earnest!

Thank you!
I have on several different occasions.

Was it worth it? Sometimes. I think it just depended on the venue and what I was selling at the time. i.e I was selling printed tshirts @ pride and made big bang profit, another time I was selling hand made incense holders and made a small profit. and another time I was selling the same tshirts at a gay rodeo and made next to nothing.

Another thing is to watch how much you have to pay for the table/booth -- do you feel that you'll make profit or just break out even?

Recently, I was asked to be part of Trans Selling Art Fair and I paid nothing to be part of it and what I did sell was great because it was extra money for my pocket and the expenses I had to print up for the project.

I wish you good luck on your fairs and sellings this year!! What do you make?

Best to you!
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post: