mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by proximitywithoutintimacy View Post
I always get nervous making new threads, but here goes...

... do you ever feel like your friends, or people you are around on a daily basis, are constantly pressuring you (whether they're aware of it or not) to "prove" yourself to be a lesbian? For example, I have male friends who basically say they wouldn't believe it unless they see it. A bit frustrating.

Another aspect of this, is... some of my closest friends say they believe I'm bisexual, because I've kissed a guy before. Which is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.

Thoughts?

for me? not so much. but, i've never been very feminine.

i think people tend to mostly see the world through the filter of their own experience. if they are straight or bi, that's going to be the baseline they work from. anything outside that is going to be an anomaly.

your guy friends apparently find you feminine and attractive enough that they want "proof" before they're willing to remove you from the list of possibilities. even if you gave them that proof, they most likely wouldn't take you off the list anyway. guys do tend to be optimistic like that.

over the years, i've found that being true to myself weeds out the folks who can't deal. you always have the option to tell them to put a lid on it or get lost. you also have the option to distance yourself from people who bring bullshit into your life or don't bring anything to the table besides their desire to bed you.

people are crazy.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)

Last edited by little man; 02-25-2011 at 08:11 AM. Reason: i should not type in the morning.
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to little man For This Useful Post: