View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #16
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I think that one of the hardest things I've had to deal with whilst Blue has been making the transition from a third gendered/transgendered female looking woman to a third gendered/transgendered male looking woman (and yes, Hy still considers Hymself a woman and always, I believe, will), is other people's perception of Blue and, by default, other people's perception of me. Nine times out of ten people W/we don't know will assume that Blue is a straight guy and that I'm Hys straight wife. Which, to me, is understandable but annoying. Worse than that though, people who do know U/us - including queers - assume that deep down, Blue really wants to be a guy and that I, therefore, must really want to be with a guy or a 'real' FtM. Which puts me in the position of either having to explain - again -what transgendered/third gendered is and why, exactly, Blue wanted to 'masculinize', or alternatively, to simply keep quiet and allow them to carry on assuming, neither of which make me happy.

I really wish there was greater awareness, including amongst the queer community, with regard to the fact that not everyone who goes on T/has their breasts removed and so on and so forth wants to be a male or already considers themself a male albeit one trapped inside a female body. Blue is proud to be butch. Hy is proud to be transgendered. Hy is proud to be a masculine, male looking third gendered/transgendered woman. I just wish others would accept that for what it is, i.e., the absolute truth.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post: