View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #42
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre View Post
I started watching Alphas and liked it, but just couldn't get hooked like I did with Fringe. I am terrible with cliff-hanging, which is probably because I'm anxious enough as it is, so I usually don't watch constant-cliffhanger shows. That said, almost every show is like that now, so...

As far as my Netflix watching:

Nothing. I think I've watched everything on Netflix. Twice. So I hope they update their catalog soon! If I keep seeing the same recommendations for things I have already watched, I am going to stab myself in the face with a fork.

And then do it again.
Yes, I agree about both the fork X2, and that Fringe is better. I toggle between both Netflix & Amazon, to lesson the desire for the fork.

You got me thinking about the cliffhanger trend. That is so true. Having come from a childhood of enjoying programs like (some of them re-runs) Little House on the Prairie,
Andy Griffith, Magnum PI, Simon & Simon, The Waltons etc, current American television shows tend to bring on a bit of stress.

*Small rant*

For me, that would be acceptable, if there was some guarantee of closure to a final season cliffhanger, when they cancel a series. I seriously feel that the FCC should make this a law. People invest time in 40 minute television series over several seasons, which for those who watch on cable, include 20 minutes of repetitive commercials (don't do the math of how much time you spend watching commercials while watching cable, because the fork desire will increase), and there should be some fucking consideration for their loyalty as viewers.

*End rant*

One of the big reasons I enjoy streaming so much, is that I can wait until there are several seasons of a show available, and I then I don't have to wait to find out what happens next (until I get to the end of the last available season).
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post: