Old 05-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #103
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome Devil View Post
I'm just thankful to live in a country that doesn't execute someone because they're gay or lesbian. I'm hopeful the marriage issue will change.
I agree. The comments about cutting off aid to this and/or other countries, made me wonder why we provide so much aid to countries who still condone execution for homosexuals ( among other human rights violations).

It wasn't that long ago that the list of countries represented at the UN who approved of execution was released. I recall being surprised that Haiti, a country who was at that time ( and is still currently) trying to rebuild from such a huge disaster much due to the aid coming from the USA and other countries, is among those countries on the UN list.

Here's that list:

http://www.whatthefolly.com/2010/11/...gender-people/

( scroll to bottom for 79 countries)... just for a source.

Sorry for the derail. I guess it just made me think that if we should cut aid... cut it to ALL tyrants.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote