View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of boneless chicken breasts, here's an old favorite recipe that is very adaptable and is low-fat and very tasty:

Prep time: 5 minutes. Cooking time: 10 minutes. Two servings (dinner plus leftovers)

Chicken breast, pounded even - not thin, just down enough so that it doesn't take a lot longer to cook in the thicker part

Dust with thyme or dried herb of choice

In a medium-hot skillet, spray with cooking spray (or better, good olive oil in a mister such as a Misto) and let the chicken breast brown.

Turn and let the other side brown, and don't worry if some parts stick.

Remove from pan, and remove pan from heat and let cool slightly.

Add in balsamic vinegar (no idea how much, I just shake it in -- 2 Tbsp?) and stir it around the pan to pull up the stuck bits from browning the chicken.

Stir in a big spoonful of some kind of all-fruit jam: Blackberry, raspberry, plum, cherry and stir to melt the jam, then serve over the chicken.

Serve with veggies and starch, OR I've cut it up and served it over baby greens or spinach with other salad toppings as desired, using the sauce as a dressing for the greens.
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: