View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Looks like Cuisinart now has a "junior" sized one that still heats up enough to sear meats -- all of the Foreman's I've had simply steamed them at best, which was ok for chicken but terrible for most other meats.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-GR-3-Griddler-Nonstick-Countertop/dp/B000VA2USO/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1350935764&sr=1-4"]Cuisinart GR-3 Griddler Jr 3-in-1 Nonstick Countertop Grill: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining[/ame]

I will say that 90% of the time mine is used for grilled cheese and quesadillas, but it's also great for a lot of other things. For example -- thinking at the non-cook level -- I'll take individually frozen chicken tenders, rinse the outside ice layer off, sprinkle with adobo seasoning (basically garlic salt) or some other seasoning, and put onto the hot grill and close it. Maybe 5 minutes later at most, the chicken is cooked and ready to go onto a salad, a sandwich, or just to eat by itself.

And good for you for wanting to eat more veggies! Easygoingfemme is the veggie master here, so she can probably come up with 1000 ways to cook every veggie. One thing to keep in mind They don't have to be fresh veggies to be nutritious. Frozen veggies are generally just as good for you and a whole lot easier to fix.

One very easy and delicious way to fix veggies, especially this time of year, is to roast them. Very little prep time - we can walk you through the steps, they pretty much take care of themselves in the oven, and they taste fantastic.

Tommi, we can hold your hand through cooking your first non-popcorn meal for yourself if you want. I have to say, I enjoy cooking but for everyday? If it takes more than 15 minutes of my time I don't want to be bothered. There's a surprising amount of things that you could really truly cook for youself with just ten minutes.

Give us an idea of what you'd LIKE to be able to fix for yourself, and we'll see if we can help!
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: