Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
I am really curious what folks think about texting and phone call etiquette.

Feel free to talk about whatever you want but I'm super curious about the following things:

How do you feel about people face-timing you without warning or appointment? Does it depend on who's doing it?

How do you feel when people call or text you during work or school hours?

Do you enjoy having long conversations by text? Why or why not?

How do you feel about someone calling you over and over within a short period if you don't answer? How about if the person calls you every day even though you aren't answering?

How do you feel if someone calls or texts you while you are on vacation or at an important event?

How early or late do you think is appropriate to call or text someone?

How do you feel about group texting?

Again, please tell me all about your views on phone etiquette! I'd love to hear from you folks!
I hadn't heard the term 'face-timing' before - I am guessing that this means a video call. Can't be done to me, as I do not have internet access on my phone - I simply do not require it. But if I did have such access, anyone starting such a call had better have an emergency for me to deal with, or face my extreme wrath.

Phoning during work or college hours is a no-no unless it's an emergency. Friends simply do not do this to me. Companies that do so get cut off, or, if I'm in a situation where I can do so, I may give a short verbal response and then cut them off. Depends on the impression given by teh caller in teh first few seconds as to whether I'm polite or not.

Long conversations by text - it depends very much on the conversation. Some can be enjoyable, some can be infuriating - but if the latter, I tend to cut them short pretty durned quickly. Email is a better medium for long textual conversations, but I can only do email when at a PC. (no phone internet!)

No-one has ever called me over and over in a short period when I don't answer aside from sales people. My response is to switch my phone off for a while, or alternatively, switch it on but make no response, or, if I'm feeling impish, switch it on and do things like heavy breathing, nose-blowing, blow a whistle close to the phone, chatter in gibberish, answer in German or French (and switch languages if they do to match, with gibberish as fallback), or leave the phone near a radio or other source of music/noise. I will sometimes report such harassment to the authorities.

I have no opinion on group texting - what is your problem with it? I havent experienced it, that I know of, and have only texted to a group a handful of times, mostly when I've been ill, to update friends on how I'm doing.

Contact whilst I'm on holiday is reasonable, if it ls friends. Salespeople should always but ALWAYS expect a hostile audience and at best a non-response. Salespeople unlucky enough to get me when I have time on my hands and feeling creative be warned that you are imperilling your equilibrium if not your sanity. 'An important event' - text only, please, no calls.

No earlier than 9am, no later than 10pm, unless it's an emergency or you know I'm up and about anyway.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: