Old 10-27-2018, 06:58 AM   #122
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Which books... caused the hiatus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
After reading several books suggested from The Great American Read, I had taken an hiatus from reading.
Oh my, sorry to hear about the "hiatus". Which books, and why?

(Personally, I saw the entire series on TV... had recorded them, and now having seen them, I deleted the recordings. Actually, I was slightly disappointed by the choices btw. I think the reason I was disappointed was that most of the people who talked about their favourites seemed that the books they chose appealed to their own conditioning and solidified their own beliefs and vested interests (although I could be wrong), which I felt was a bummer.)

I never read the "winner"; only saw the movie with Gregory Peck... Feel free to send me a private message if you like.

If I learned anything from watching the series, was what Americans did read - which during my time as a retiree, I am taking advantage of by learning as much as possible about Americans {considering their political povs!}. I had been so busy the past 15-20 years prior to retirement that I had no time whatsoever to notice what was going on with my neighbour to the south. And now being retired, I have abundant leisure time to study why the Americans are the way they are.

I only read for fun now, or stuff on meditation.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: