Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
This is a post-apocalyptic Sci-Fi thriller, a 2018 Netflix release, in Danish with English audio and English subs.

"The world as we know it has ended. Six years after a brutal virus carried by the rain wiped out almost all humans in Scandinavia, two Danish siblings emerge from the safety of their bunker to find all remnants of civilization gone. Soon they join a group of young survivors and together set out on a danger-filled quest through abandoned Scandinavia, searching for any sign of life. Set free from their collective past and societal rules the group has the freedom to be who they want to be. In their struggle for survival, they discover that even in a post-apocalyptic world there's still love, jealousy, coming of age, and many of the problems they thought they'd left behind with the disappearance of the world they once knew."

I have watched the first episode and the feel of it reminds me of the classic cult post-apocalyptic BBC cult classic "The Last Train [aka Cruel Earth]", done in 1999. So, there is more emphasis on character development.

In that sense, it isn't a Hollywood blockbuster, but I am into the second episode and it gets better and there is more action now; I'm enjoying it.
I finished watching the episodes yesterday. I thought it was pretty good. A couple of times I thought it defied belief but overall: pretty good.

There must be a season 2 because of the way it ended. It is a Swedish series.

With Netflix, it takes so long for them to stream an additional season of anything, I have to watch the recap to remind myself what each series was about.

I think it has been a year since they streamed season 1 but season 2 of the series 3% is finally up. It is another dystopian series and it is pretty good too- at least the first season was.

I loved the Italian series Gomorrah. It is based on the acclaimed movie of the same name.

Season 3 is streaming in the U.K. now, as of March (Sky TV?) and the first 2 were on Sundance originally.

Netflix has seasons 1 and 2. Three is nowhere to be found in the US yet.

It is subtitled in English. Great series if you like realistic crime series.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: