Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoeticSilence View Post
I would guess, that there were two shows I could easily name. But one was called Day of the Triffids, the film was made in 1962, but I watched it in '66, the year my grandfather died. In fact, that's HOW I watched it, all the adults were putting up the food neighbors had sent and all of that sort of horseshit, and I was watching television and it came on. The premise is that everyone on earth goes blind, and these plant things that look like thorny shrubs, came from a meteor or something and kill people. Noises like the ice cream man truck would draw their attention and they could get in houses and everywhere. I remember thinking about all the shrubs in my life, like behind the house, along the side of the house, boxing in one of my neighbors yards, the shrubs I passed on the way to church, and how ALL of these could be dangerous killers. I don't know if my parents realized I had watched that show, but having reseen it a few years ago now, I realize my little brain wasn't understanding the ending or really a lot about the movie, just the scarey ideals of it. That show would haunt me for years, especially when we delivered papers early in the morning in the wealthier neighborhoods LINED with tall boxy (and often thorny) shrubs.
That book was creepy as shit too!!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote