How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation
Default Irish Soda Bread Buns

I discovered this recipe in my newsletter from the place I usually buy my grass fed meat from. I haven't tried it yet, but decided to post it in case anyone else is interested in making it. I have a silicone hamburger bun baking thingamajig that I am going to bake these on. Pic links back to U.S. Wellness Meats which is where I copied the recipe from.

P.S. I wanted to add that I have made some very similar to these and they turned out well. Experimenting has taught me to use blanched almond flour for breads. Unblanched is just too course and dense for bread.

Ingredients:

2˝ cups almond flour

1/3 cup tapioca starch

1/4 tsp celtic sea salt

1˝ tsp baking soda

2 tbs coconut sugar

2 whole eggs

2 tbs apple cider vinegar

caraway seeds

Directions:

In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca starch, sea salt, baking soda and coconut sugar.

In a smaller mixing bowl, combine eggs and apple cider vinegar and beat lightly.

Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine thoroughly.

Place dough on a piece of parchment paper and form into a large circle about 8 inches in diameter and 1˝ to 2 inches high.

Cut dough into quarters and reform into circles about 3 inches across and 1˝ to 2 inches high.

Use a sharp knife to score a cross into each piece of dough.

Top dough with caraway seeds

Bake at 400° F for 15-20 minutes. Soda bread is done when it is golden brown in color and a toothpick comes out clean once inserted.

Using a bread knife, slice Irish Soda Bread buns in half lengthwise.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: