View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 12:34 PM   #32
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Jess, look in the yellowpages under "basement repair." You should find all kinds of contractors.

We had to have two steel I-beams and four jack posts installed in the basement of That House before we were allowed to move in; it ran us $1800 last April. $1200 of that was for the I-beams (and their installation).

Hey, Cara, I'm all excited; we found LED light strings on sale after the holidays and now have four. I've already got one of those outlets that screws into your porch light fixture, so we'll even be able to plug them in next winter. I'll probably wind them around our porch railings rather than hanging them from the roofline, though.

I bought two outlets, for front and back; our back porch light doesn't work properly because the pull string won't stay in the "on" position, so I'm hoping we can "fix" it by bypassing it; the outlet has a pull chain of its own.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post: