View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 AM   #1
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation
Default Respect of Femme Sensabilities

This title worried me... i dont know what else to name it except for this...
i am posting this here instead of the butch or trans zone because i would like to hear what a femme thinks of this also...
i am in no way implying that the femme persuasion is weak...

i saw this post from the fierce Lady Snow...
Quote:

So lemme make it clear ok?

You and I, ain't homies, we ain't tight...

So, those kinda of comments, keep em to yourself a'ight?

Thank you for listening. _______
this was said after someone... really off the cuff..... made a remark about balls... just a slang remark... not sexual...

it made me think of the times when i toss out crude remarks in front of folks that just dont wanna hear them...

my mom taught me to respect a lady... let me state that i see a femme as a lady... someone maybe a bit more refined than myself...

i thought when seeing this of how it is ok here... sometimes... to make sexual remarks in certain contexts... we tend to be a very sexual community i think... (thank goddess!)...
however... there are the times like this when we will try to show comradeship with a crude remark...

might as well scratch our asses and spit...
i wouldnt say to a femme 'hey... nice tits'... i wouldnt elbow her and wink when i make a callous comment...
thats just me...
this example made me think of the fact that some of what makes this unacceptable is the fact that we dont really know the person we are saying it to...
(i havent talked to Ms Snow... i have read lots of her words and feel a bit of familiarity to her... i think from seeing her posts that i surely would never talk to her like she was one of the guys...)
but the fact that we can feel like we sorta know someone from reading there thoughts might promote this kind of familiarity... just a thought

what i wanted to put out there was a hint to the 'butch' side of the community to show a little gentility... i would like to see the stereotype of us being crude to go away...
we can still be crude... just lets remember there is a time and a place for it...

ok folks... fire away... i got my protective armor on...
(would that have been crude if i had stated that i was wearing protection?)

with all good intentions,
rlin
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post: