Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #71
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I sat here and read this thread tonight with tears in my eyes and sadness in my heart. Some of you are new to me and others I have known for years now, but either way, it's painful. I wasn't sure I'd be mentally strong enough to read in here, but something kept pulling me in. Years ago when my mom was diagnosed with cancer, she gave us 6 years to prepare for the inevitable. It wasn't any easier even with those 6 years. She wasn't diagnosed for a year from the time she first started seeing doctors. My mom had lymphoma and I saw glands swell and burst over the last year of her life. I remember sitting every day at the hospital with her. My visits would leave me drained and mentally exhausted. She once asked me why my brothers couldn't understand that all she wanted to do was die. I cried hard that day trying to grasp hold of the situation, but I did understand. I understood she gave us a 6 year warning. She gave us time to spend with her. She lived for her oldest grandchild that she helped raise. I think that's why she lasted so long. It wasn't until all the transfusions and hospital stays that last year that sucked the life out of her. When she stopped eating, I'd bring my niece to the hospital with me to feed her. Seems like she would eat for granddaughter, but only baby food. My niece used to beg my mom to eat for her. I should tell you now, my niece was only 9 or 10 then. When my mom stopped eating, she started getting worse. She had absolutely no strength, but enough of a voice to ask me to sign a DNR for her. It was the hardest choice I ever had to make, but I did what she asked.

Enough story, ok.

To get to my point and what I'm trying to get at is that even if nothing tastes good or you don't feel hungry, please keep putting nourishment in your body. I think it's more or as important as chemo. Never stop eating or drinking. Please push yourself, for you and for those that love you.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: