Old 08-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #1687
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I spoke too soon. I had to take Loki to the vet today because he decided to pee on the carpet again and he had a small seizure. It's crystals in his bladder. This isn't the first time I've dealt with this issue and it always seems to be the males in my personal experience.

Anyway, he screamed the whole way there and most of the time we were in the lobby. We got there early but there was an emergency euthanasia so we had to wait a bit. There was a child going around to all the animals and touching them and trying to stick his fingers in cages. His mother was less help than one of the receptionists in calming him down and distracting him from upsetting the animals any further. Made me thankful not to have any rug rats. Fur babies are hard enough, thankyouverymuch.

Loki got himself so worked up, he peed on himself in the carrier, which he's never done before and he continued to scream and howl until we got in there and we were able to let him out of the carrier. They were so nice and took the carrier back to clean it and they sprayed him with shampoo and cleaned him up as well.

They were able to get a sample, surprisingly, considering how much he tinkled everywhere else. We'll know the results to see if there's any other conditions he's developed in the next couple of days. They were really concerned about how stressed he was but I assured them that it would end the second I let him out of the carrier.

And it did.

The goofball came running out, rubbed on me and then promptly stuck his head back in there to sniff the pee pad they'd put in under him.

Weirdo.

So he's got 3 days worth of meds and by then, we'll know what the urine sample shows. Hopefully, we've caught it soon enough that the food change will help with future issues and the meds will start to break down the crystals so this can be over and I can get my carpet shampooed, which is one of my most not favorite activities in this world.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: