Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 PM   #1692
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Aw Gemme, poor Loki. I hope it's an easy fix and that the meds help quickly. Sorry about the carpet...

FSF, that's freaky! I have a feeling you're going to need to have your eye out for a return visit for a while...

Dog man got mad that I wouldn't let him outside in the thick of a pouring rainstorm with thunder and lightening overhead.
I love storms. The cats don't mind as long as there's no thunder. Then it's half interest and half fear from them.

Loki's results came back and we're dealing with a strict case of crystals in his bladder, which was my first impulse. I should trust myself more. The anti-inflammatory they gave me to give him doesn't seem to be doing much. It doesn't seem to be hurting him either but at $5 a pop, I could have passed on that but they weren't 100% sure it was only the crystals so that's what they gave me and that's what the bugger got. Luckily, I can crush it up in his wet food. As long as it's there, I could feed him classified documents and he wouldn't be the wiser.

So, I had to pay an outrageous amount for food. I went to Chewy.com and got a good deal to start with but since it's prescription food, they had to check with the vet before they would fill my order. That should come in a few days. I got $70 worth of food for $37 so I was happy about that at least.

I stopped at the vet's while doing errands to make sure they didn't need anything, the approval for the Chewy order was processed, et cetera and so on and so forth. By the time I left, I'd acquired a slight headache, 4 cans of wet food and a 6.5lb bag of food to get Loki started right away. The dry food was $40 alone! I'm going to have to tighten the belt for the next 4-6 weeks and hope for the best. His weekly food budget is going to rival mine now.

If the food doesn't do the trick, then we'll move on to a pretty strong med. Someone suggested I paper the house with puppy pads and I laughed at first but now, I'm seriously considering it. Amazon, here I come!

FSF, I think it's sweet that you have a visitor but then again, it's not my visitor. Maybe it's just one of those cats that likes to know everyone in the neighborhood and is clever and can break and enter easily.

The government would like to speak with that cat, I imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Tiny dog had her 2nd dose of Rimadyl this evening. It seems to be making her feel better. However, I've been doing some reading about it online and it may not be the best choice for her. She's had a bad reaction to aspirin/Bufferin in the past. Some online sites recommend CBD instead. Has anyone tried CBD oil for their dog?
I haven't but I imagine that it would be easily disguised in wet food or a gravy. When Oliver had a seizure at the vet's (not this one), they gave him phenobarbital, which I strongly opposed. I was so angry about that. He wound up staggering around for 3 days like a drunken sailor and even fell out of bed. He could have been seriously injured!

If you have a bad feeling about something, stand your ground. There are alternatives to just about everything nowadays.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: