Old 12-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #41
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
The Ramen Girl

When her boyfriend leaves her high and dry in Tokyo, spoiled American tourist Abby (Brittany Murphy) finds solace in a neighborhood ramen noodle house run by a cantankerous old chef (Toshiyuki Nishida), who agrees to take her on as an apprentice cook. But will the dirty grunt work and endless criticism drive Abby away before she discovers the serene beauty in the perfect bowl of soup -- and in herself? Robert Allan Ackerman directs this comedy.

Cast:Brittany Murphy, Toshiyuki Nishida, Tammy Blanchard, Sohee Park, Kimiko Yo, Renji Ishibashi, Maria Abe, Daniel Evans, Masayoshi Haneda, Hajime Inoue, Justin Berti, Judai Ikeshita, Sonya Inge, Gabriel MannDirector:Robert Allan AckermanGenres:Comedy, Indie Comedies, Food StoriesThis movie is:Heartfelt

My Comments: Really cute movie with a happy ending. I just love the determination of Brittany Murphy's character Abby. I also didn't know that Ramen was an art and that the cheap stuff in cellophane bags isn't authentic ramen. It made me research online how to really make it and I realized its not that easy BUT I will make it one day because of this movie.

More coming... please share your favs.
My thoughts about this movie are along the lines of yours. I think it was probably Brittany's best work.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote