Old 05-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Do you use the term "woman" as part of your identity? yes I am a woman, by my own identity and my own individual definition.
What does it mean to you to use/not use the term "woman?" For myself it means simply...I am a woman, female, and in my case femme. That is of course based on my personal preference.
Does tension/discomfort exist for you in using the term "woman" together with butch, femme, queer, or any of your other identity definers? If so, why? One of the first things I ask when I am beginning to date someone or even talking more indepth as friends, is "how do you prefer to be called". It is so individualized but yet so simple to just ask. I try not to generalize when I use the term "woman".
If you do not use the term "woman" how did you come to the decision not to? If the person I am speaking with doesn't want that used, it's not biggie to me...I leave it up to them and try to satisfy their need in their identity.
How is "woman" different from "female" (and I don't mean in the academic sense, but in the lived experience sense). IMO female is how someone is born, their biological "type". It does not mean that is "who" they are in the inside, just the outside. Again, my opinion. I would never assume a butch wants to be called woman and again wouldn't assume they wouldn't. I just ask before I step where I shouldn't.
What does "woman" mean? to me...female identified, not how one is born.
What does "woman" not mean? I don't know how to answer that one....woman to me does not mean male identified.....

hard questions and gets me thinking a lot. I will stick to asking, always asking and doing my darnest never to "assume" what someone prefers. Lucky I talk a lot i suppose ...lol.
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: