Old 03-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I've flown a fair amount in the past year, but only between Syracuse, NYC, Orlando, West Palm Beach and Phoenix.

I got a pat down in West Palm for wearing a "voluminous skirt"...but it was no big deal...female TSA agent was polite, professional and quick. And another in Phoenix when I stupidly wore a blouse with a metal clasp that couldn't be removed and set off the metal detector. Again, no big deal.

I was given a choice in Phoenix to go in the backscatter line or the standard line...the TSA agent was just telling people (correctly) that the backscatter line moved faster, but we were all free to make our own choice. I went in the standard line, because I don't like the idea of the backscatter.

Andrea, I wonder if the TSA agent you described got all weird because your liquids were packed in your bag. In every airport I fly through they tell you to put them on top, not in your carryon, so that they can clearly be seen. He/She may have felt like you were trying to hide something.

Orlando security is slow and difficult to predict...mostly because a bazillion families are going through there on vacation. Sometimes it feels like they're just shoveling people through, and other times they get very picky.