Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #767
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Greyson, I could heart their voices and totally enjoyed this book. I know I will read it again. If anyone has a Color Nook and would be interested in reading I will see if this book has the share option as I don't mind sharing it with others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
I just finished reading "The Help" written by Kathryn Stockett.

It is fiction and about African American Women Domestics, telling their story to a middle class white woman. It takes place in Mississippi in the 1960s during the time of the Civil Rights movement.

I rarely read fiction but I could not put this book down. I grew up during this era in Southern California and played with the children of African American women domestics that abandoned the South and moved to California to make a better life for their children. We all lived in the projects. IMO, this book sounds pretty realistic.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post: