View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Miss you Little Gramma

People say...when you have a happy childhood, time goes by fast and before you know it, it's over...

Time stood still for me... except when in the care of my great gramma ("lil Gma" as she signed all her cards)...what a darling, dear, cherished woman and the love of my life!

Not a day goes by that I don't wish I could turn back time just to spend one more day with her, to hold her soft hand as we fell asleep, to help brush out her long silky snow white hair and hold her silver mirror for her, to hear her fuss at me when I'm snatching up berries in her strawberry patch, to see her light a special candle on my birthday that we saved every year just for the occasion, to snuggle in grampa's huge mahogany rocker and listen to her read old fairy tales like Billy Goat Gruff while the old crank-up Thomas Edison record player was playing a fond "My Wild Irish Rose"...to enjoy breakfast with her one last time...just to say I love you Gramma and kiss her soft cheek... even if it meant facing time standing still again at mom's house...

When you close your eyes and remember, what smell do you most associate with a fond memory? Sugar cookies at "big gramma's" house and gingerbread & mint tea at "lil gramma's" house...

"my wild irish rose, the sweetest flower that grows... ...nothing can compare.. to my wild irish rose..." Love you Lil Gma!!
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: