View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #79
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation
Default Isabella Bleu

I seldom, very SELDOM, almost NEVER cry. But today I wept in a way I haven't in over 11 years.

6 years ago, I got my ex a surprise puppy for her birthday. I had her convinced we were going to look at Labradoodles, which she realllllly didn't want. When we get to the house and walk to the back door, a big black head looks in. And the ex starts yelling "They're dobies, they're dobies." As we walked outside we were greeted by two of the biggest Dobermans I have ever seen. We went down the stairs of the deck and into the back yard. The litter was playing and kinda shying away. But then this one little red-head came right over and grabbed aholt of the ex's pant leg and tugged. Isabella Bleu came home with us that night.

While the marriage didn't last, the friendship did. And I cherished the visits I would get to see Bella. She had a ridge down her nose where her hair grew against the grain that she never out grew and two tiny white spots on her head where her brothers and sisters had bitten her. She had a big red nose that could always make me smile. She was big, her shoulders came to above my waist and solid. She was so smart, and fast. She loved catching squirrels, chipmunks, and even showed up at the back door one day with a deer leg someone had discarded on the property. Convinced it most definetly belonged in the house with her. She loved sticks, they belonged in the house too. LOL And used to pull our sweet ole Mo's bandanas off and eat them. LOL

Today, my beautiful, energetic, funny, sweet, Boo Raddly had what we believe was an aneurism and is gone. I knew when this day would come that it was going to hurt like hell. I don't usually get this attached to animals. But I always thought that it would be known. That I would have time to say goodbye to her. To tell her how much I loved her. Although I told her every time I saw her. I hurt for my sweet ex and her partner. Boo was her child.

Just waiting here for The Boy to get home. We didn't tell him yet because he is driving home from work in rush hour traffic and didn't want him to be distracted.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: