Laerkin

How Do You Identify?:
Girlie with a touch of bossy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, but not hung up on the details
Relationship Status:
Parenting our furry family with SmoothButch

3 Highscores

Laerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST ReputationLaerkin Has the BEST Reputation

BFPers, I need your help!!!

I have to do a critical research paper for a class and I can choose any topic to defend. It has to be verifiable (I can find research and sources for my arguments and rebuttals).

My first choice is an argument for comprehensive sex education in our schools (citing studies I've read and can find again on low pregnancy and STD rates in countries that DO have comprehensive sex ed). A woman in class went on and on about how it's inappropriate to have sex ed in schools because it allows parents to be lazy and I just cannot allow that.

But, I saw the woman next to me writing her list of possible topics and one was why they shouldn't allow a mosque on Ground Zero. The errors in that statement from "mosque" to "ON Ground Zero" made me contemplate writing an argument for why the community center near Ground Zero is vital to upholding our Constitution and freedom ideals.

Or, I was also considering gay marriage or misogyny (the Misogyny thread inspired me).

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards sex ed. It will make the very conservative class uncomfortable without actually starting a brawl. I'm worried the misogyny thing would go over their heads completely.

I am open for suggestions, too!!!!
Laerkin is offline   Reply With Quote