Old 09-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #4020
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laerkin View Post
BFPers, I need your help!!!

I have to do a critical research paper for a class and I can choose any topic to defend. It has to be verifiable (I can find research and sources for my arguments and rebuttals).

My first choice is an argument for comprehensive sex education in our schools (citing studies I've read and can find again on low pregnancy and STD rates in countries that DO have comprehensive sex ed). A woman in class went on and on about how it's inappropriate to have sex ed in schools because it allows parents to be lazy and I just cannot allow that.

But, I saw the woman next to me writing her list of possible topics and one was why they shouldn't allow a mosque on Ground Zero. The errors in that statement from "mosque" to "ON Ground Zero" made me contemplate writing an argument for why the community center near Ground Zero is vital to upholding our Constitution and freedom ideals.

Or, I was also considering gay marriage or misogyny (the Misogyny thread inspired me).

Thoughts?

I'm leaning towards sex ed. It will make the very conservative class uncomfortable without actually starting a brawl. I'm worried the misogyny thing would go over their heads completely.

I am open for suggestions, too!!!!
I had a difficult enough time decided my own topics for school, much less others'.

What do you feel the strongest pull toward? What would have plenty of data to back your argument up? What feels right? What could you talk into the ground without getting tired?

Good luck, no matter what you choose!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: