Old 01-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
labete

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
preoccupied

labete has a spectacular aura aboutlabete has a spectacular aura aboutlabete has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
If sex and gender are not the same (as we all pretty much agree on after numerous break-downs of it all)

Then, seems to me, butch on butch wouldn't necessarily be a matter of homosexuality but rather homogenderality

I'm sexually attracted to males and females and folks who don't ID as either...but there are some genders I have no interest in dating

Could Be A Matlock Theory Too Though,
Dylan
I don't think homophobia is restricted to a traditional understanding of homosexuality. I think sometimes people are suspicious of or uncomfortable around hetero couples when the man is particularly feminine or the woman is particularly masculine or both. It's not just about sex, not just about gender identity, not just about presentation, and it does seem to be largely situational.

Take a femme/femme couple. Some groups or communities would tend toward viewing this as arousing; others would tend toward squicky. Balance is reached when it's not noticed as anything out of the ordinary, instead of either fetishized or rejected as being different.
labete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to labete For This Useful Post: