betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I no longer work in customer service. The 7 months that I supplemented my income by working a job at a call center were possibly the most unhappy months of my life.

The customer is often an asshole. And a liar.

I was a reservations agent for a big hotel chain. And you would not BELIEVE the number of people who make their reservations online and then call into the call center to yell at the agents because the customer made a mistake in their own reservation.

Book a room in Portland Maine when you wanted to stay in Oregon? Just call up the reservations agent and swear at her!

Fail to note that the hotel you booked for yourself has free-WIRED-in-room-high-speed-internet-access? Just call up the reservations agent and yell at her because you need wireless instead!

Book a one bedroom suite when what you really wanted was a two bedroom? Call the reservations agent and shout "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO MAKE THIS RIGHT?!??" (haha, the two bedrooms were all sold out anyway.)

And always ALWAYS lie and insist that it was a reservations agent that screwed up your vacation/business plans. Claim you did not book it online. Escalate to threats when the agent mentions that she went into the reservation history and sees that the reservation was made on the website.