View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:27 PM   #7515
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

A "thank you" note from my daughter. I've gotten some sweet ones since she left for college. Things like... Thank you for teaching me how to issue a solid handshake. Thank you for teaching me how to write a professional letter/email to a professional/supervisor/teacher. Thank you for teaching me how to budget and plan groceries and healthy meals. Thank you for teaching me how to cook healthy food on a budget. Thank you for teaching me manners. Thank you for teaching me to listen to Otis Redding when I'm sad or stressed. (That one she called 'proof you raised me right') Thank you for teaching me to stand up for myself and not take any shit.

Needless to say, the immersion into college and independent life with other folks her age has been an eye opener. This is just how we lived our life together and she's realizing not everyone is raised that way.

Now she's living (temporarily) 3,000 miles away in an apartment with two other people who are working at the same theatre that she is.

Today's note was: "Thank you for training me so well when it comes to cleaning and taking care of a house because dear god if that wasn't on my radar then this apartment would be a mess. I appreciate you"

I asked her if she was going to make a chore chart and she said she's thinking about it. I hope her apartment mates don't hate her if she does.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: