How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,169 Times in 5,134 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
I'm reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
I read that, and found it very interesting. It was not what I would call a fun read, but it was eye-opening.

I am reading _On The Beach_ by Nevil Shute, a classic 1950s post-apocalyptic novel that I have been meaning to read for a long time. People in Melbourne, Australia wait to catch radiation sickness as the fallout from a nuclear war swirls ever closer around the earth due to weather patterns. They shift back and forth from trying to live normal lives, to trying to find out what's going on in other parts of the world.

I may re-read _The Handmaid's Tale_ after this, as I just learned today that the sequel has finally come out - _The Testaments_ by Margaret Atwood. It's been a long time since I read THT, and I haven't been able to make myself pay for Hulu so I can watch the series. I remember it as pretty tough to take, and it made me angry a lot, but it was a _great_ read.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: