Old 01-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #52
Niceguy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Neither feel 100% correct
Relationship Status:
Chocolate Creme Brulee

Niceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST ReputationNiceguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
I'm not a huge snow fan, but today my wife stayed home since we have steep hills leading out of the backwoods.

In the last week Ive had to buy a down jacket and some warmer boots that don't have a steel toe. When that piece of shank gets cold its painful.

Changing the oil in the truck in 33 degree weather on the driveway was also
the suck. But a 5/30 viscosity is much better for the engine in the winter.

I spent today closing foundation vents and covering outside hose bibs.

I think the wife will be home a few more days this week, Im gonna have to get some weight in the back of my truck bed for traction, I think a 1/2 steel plate in the bed for the winter months would do the trick.

Yeah, I had a fun drive home Sunday night. You would've freaked out if you had been in the truck with me. I was a little surprised that even the highway was covered. Unfortunately it was melted by mid morning Monday.

The next round has just started. The sleet is coming down pretty good in my area now and the roads are starting to get slick again. It looks like central AR will have a nice sheet of ice on the roads for rush hour in the morning. I usually put concrete blocks in the back of my truck, but I'm leaving it in the garage tomorrow and riding in with a coworker who has front wheel drive. I would think your toolbox in the back should help with the weight, so you'd probably be fine with just a little added firewood.

I'm definitely leaving my faucets dripping the next few nights. We haven't had temps this cold in over 25 years. It appears we're gonna have around 5 consecutive days with the high temps below freezing and the lows in the teens and single digits. I think I would use the worklight under the house idea if I had a crawl space. It can't be any more dangerous than the Christmas lights! R told me today that alot of pipes froze in the dorms at the medical school last night and it was the biggest mess! And those dorms are only a few years old. Have you seen the heat tape that you wrap around the pipes and then plug into an outlet?
Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote