Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I work with first graders .... they can be very smelly after lunch. However, today, we were talking about things we can smell. The activity was to draw a picture of something you can smell and then print 'good' or 'bad'. I have a zero tolerance policy for potty talk in the classroom as it takes so darn long to get ALL OF US settled down once the conversation is started. Thus, a student approached me with a drawing, and I will say an excellent drawing, of one of her smelly male classmates; a classmate that is quite proud of what he can produce after lunch in my classroom. Behind the butt of the student in the drawing was a 'cloud'. I was asked 'Miss Deb, is this okay?' Starting to stifle a giggle I asked 'how would you feel if this was a picture of you?' Well, there was some hemming and hawing and finally she said 'not good' followed by 'but, Miss Deb, see I think its okay because he is happy in the picture'. As Art Linkletter would say ..... kids say the darndest things.

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post: