Old 12-21-2014, 07:45 PM   #74
HoldMeSteady

How Do You Identify?:
Wise old Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, hers
Relationship Status:
single

HoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST ReputationHoldMeSteady Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Yes, we are watching it.

Eagerly? I wouldn't exactly use that word for us.

We veer between cursing the cheater Noah, to disliking Alison (and that she is also a cheater, among other things) and being engaged in the story overall.

There is a lot of talking to the TV during this show. We have watched every episode (though we kinda wonder why we are, most of the time) and are really waiting for the outcome of the murder and "who-done-it".

Ambivalence is the theme of our house and the show: "The Affair".

We are watching it; however conflicted we are about the show.
I hear you. Sometimes I truly hate Noah. However, I'm interested in some of the themes - can it really be true love between Noah and Alison or are they both just trying to escape? What is the show saying when the father-in-law said he thinks about his student that made him come alive everyday even though his affair was decades ago? Is Noah SUPPOSED to "go for it?" Why can't Noah talk to his wife about what bothers him about his life? Would she really be able to listen? She seems to want to listen to him but would she be able to change her life? I guess I'm also invested in Alison, Noah and Helen and I want to see what happens ... will the affair make their lives better or worse in the end? And, of course, "who-done-it."
HoldMeSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HoldMeSteady For This Useful Post: