Old 08-01-2010, 09:30 PM   #47
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation FemMe

I am femme. Strong in my weakest places. Strong enough take care of myself. Strong enough to relinquish control.
I am femme to your Butch. An old-fashioned, dress-wearing, 50s femme. I am proud to be seen on your arm in a world that does not know who or what we are. I am the one who hears you cry when your family/your job/your world rejects you for being who you are. I am the one who knows your fierce determination not to let them break you. I one who walks with you past the stares of the people who would like to knock you down. I am the one who walks into the lesbian bar, you in your Butch attire made more obvious by my feminine dress. I am your partner in the Dance.
I am femme who would kill for my femme friends. We have been there for each other in the gentle rain of the good times and the thunderstorms of the bad. We have cried on each others' shoulders, laughed at each others' stories, talked for hours on the phone. We have seen each other through the mind-bending of initial love and the heartbreak of its ending. We are the ones we turn to in our joy and our hurt. Who else but a femme really knows me!
I am femme. I amable to live happily alone yet run happily into your arms when you get home. I can open my own doors, carry my own groceries, and unclog my own sink. I can also let you do those things for me! I can ward off the creep next door who leers at me each time we pass. I can let you run him off for me. I can run my own life with ease. I can give over that control to you.
I am femme. I have looks to kill with an attitude to match. I have my own sense of style, with dresses past my calf, librarian glasses, and funky little flat shoes. I can walk past you in a bookstore (my natural habitat) and make you look once, twice, then you're following me around the store. I can be found in the GLBT section looking for that odd Butch/femme title or in the Philosophy section with my nose in the book of an obscure Chinese Author. I can accidentally drop my books at your feet and have you pick then up and shyly ask me to join you for coffee. I know that you know that was no accident.
I am femme. I can shop for hours with a femme friend for just the right purse. I can lecture a class on Early Greek Skepticism. I can simplify my life til I own very little. I can cook a vegetarian jambalaya and buttermilk pie dinner that has those cooked for coming back for thirds. I can make the perfect cup of coffee.
I am all of these things and infinitely more. I am a lady, after all. And a lady is so much more than than mere words can convey. And has so many more talents than words can tell. I am femme.
Lady_Wu