Old 11-27-2019, 08:16 PM   #646
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Warren falling behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
Warren dropped by half. It's either her Medicare plan, which supports those a who think centrist policies will prevail, or just Mayor Pete doing better at her expense. Biden is still on top. Biden looks frail, and Pete is pretty cool. But if it's all about winning the general election, and you had to choose between those two, Biden would be the better bet. But Sanders is still number two, and polls show him doing better against Trump than Biden would. And he held his own in the same poll so I don't think this is a reaction to Medicare for all. Pete's just kicking ass out there.
My original thought was that Warren was doing well until she announced her policy - that is, eliminating choice for health care, and how she would finance it. That just won't wash for a large majority of Americans. After keeping an eye on polls and watching news, it still seems that that is the case. I wonder if it is possible now for Warren to backtrack and change her mind on that. It just seems so strange to me that these candidates seem to be entirely locked in their positions. Doesn't anyone talk to them and advise them that they might lose 'cause they won't budge on their positions? I mean, doesn't anyone worry enough that Trump might win a second term, unless some candidate rises to the top against him that is willing to understand that most Americans who vote Democrat have a moderate bent?

Pete is doing well 'cause of his "centrist"/moderate viewpoint and this appeals to many Americans, and this is also why Biden is still ahead in the polls (I still don't trust Pete).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote