Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,088 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

One of the things I discovered only the other month, whilst attempting to help a netfriend sort their head out, is that it's possible to have romantic feelings without lust being involved. We were looking at information on asexuality (for that's what I susepcted my friend might be), and there I came across the information that asexual people sometimes still feel romantic attraction to others, they just don't want to have sex with them.

This rang a bell with me - I can find some guys very sweet and charming - but I'm just not really interested in getting into bed with them. It explained why I was happy enough in the early stages of courting with guys, being wooed, wined and dined, but sex - well, sure, they can do the necessary to physically arouse my body, but I'm just not interested in their bodies. Women on the other hand - woohoo, hell, yes! :-} I want to run my hands over their bodies and have them run theirs over mine... (for starters, ehehe)

I realised, having read the stuff on asexuality, that the reason I'd presumed I was bi (albeit heavily leaning toward women) for some years was because I'd been confusing romantic feelings towards guys with lustful ones. I may well be biromantic, in other words, but I'm quite definitely homosexual - I lust only after women. Sure, I was curious about guys, but having followed my curiosity and experienced 'em... - nah, not for me.

I can't help but wonder how many others - in society in general, not just amongst homosexuals or gender dysphorics - also have a 'romantic' setting that doesn't align exactly with their 'sexual' setting? And could failure to recognise that possibility be at the root of many people's confusions with regard to sexuality?

Last edited by Esme nha Maire; 03-25-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: