Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My routine has not been quite the same, for years now, it would seem: Thanks for your idea, Slowpurr! Would you believe that when I read the strand of thought in your post, 'Let's make the best of the hand that was dealt', was channeled in the voice of a certain person I used to play cards with (the very British Englander, Mrs. Kindred: She and her husband were farmers who lived nearby our farm, when I was growing up - she taught me a lot about rules to certain card games)?

My day began about an hour ago and I may get some sleep tonight, it would seem: The first thing I do, after making coffee, is check my personal email for notifications and feedback from potential employers, which I got nothing from anyone on the employment search front, but I did get a rather interesting note, authored by an unlikely source at the State of Oregon employment agency.

The short version of the backstory: Because I took steps to renew yet another unemployment claim, doing so invokes a rather long process to be approved to access benefits set aside in the applicants name (in this case, mine). While completing the long and arduous application for benefits on the State agency website, I noticed that elements of my process were not being duly recorded, on my side of the domain. I took advantage of drafting a professional response and inquiry and sent my letter of communication via their website. Three days later, after our initial exchange off-site (via emails), I got an unexpected compliment this morning from that official. This was his brief communique from this morning:
"Ms XXXXX, your professionalism and courtesy are unparalleled. You are welcome anytime."
Mr. (his last name is remarkably similar to his style of brief one-liners), gave me the first smile of my day. And because I feel a bit irreverant this morning, I do admit his one liner felt almost as if he was pushing my, 'I am flirting with you', envelope. I count myself fortunate that I have taken the time to practice kicking around or flexing certain skill sets, over the years.

Nevertheless, it is brief moments of joy like this that help me get a bit of rest after a sleepless night.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: