Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Whitney Houston had an amazing range and depth in voice- one of the greatest we will ever know. Her ability to change keys in the middle of a song like it was routine was a vocal talent few have ever had.

Of course there is a lot of speculation about her death. We will have to wait for causation. Something on my mind is that due to her longterm coke use, her heart could have very well been damaged and it might end up she died of heart failure without any drugs in her system. I fear suicide as well because she was struggling so much with her music career comeback and dif lose some of her voice range. And her being an abused woman that obviously had poor self-esteem. yes, even someone as beautiful and talented as her can have low self-esteem- happens all of the time. Also, I hope to hell that she did not have one of the Hollywood docs to the stars that scripted her narcotics for sleep, etc. and her death was due to prescription drug abuse along with alcohol. Thinking about Heath Ledger and MJ (others) here.

She struggled so much with getting clean & sober and being able to remain so. It is like this for some addicts especially if they never get to the emotional components of their addiction. And like so many stars, she could never get away from the media when in crisis.

I feel really sad about this because it might be a story we have heard far too often about the deaths of music icons that have brought something extraordinary to their art. My heart goes out to her family and especially her young daughter.

I hope people see beyond the addiction and poor choices in her life plus just plain being fragile at certain points and see that she was simply human dealing with things that for most people are not judged continually in the public eye.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post: