Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My beloved Grandparents grew up during the depression. They knew what it was to go hungry at night, not to have the things we all take for granite - like shoes, or clothes, even food. My Grandmother used to cook alot of eggs, and from that point, my Grandfather lost his teeth because of it. Not because he lack food intake, but the nuitrition part of it. Later on in life, his teeth were fixed.

My Grandparents both came from large families. My Grandfather's family owned a very large farm that was broken down, and each of his siblings and himself got a portion of it. My Grandmother and Grandfather hired only blacks to work on the farm. Why? In the words of my Grandmother, it was the right thing to do. They saw the discrimination. They saw what was being done politically, socially, economically, and so on. It shocked the family. But it opened their eyes. They were the only farm in town that would hire a family in need. To me, that showed me what it was to be a human being. Not blue colar, white colar, black, white, asian, whatever. Just showing others compassion and justice in their small world while everything was crumbling down around them.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote