Old 04-10-2016, 02:52 PM   #46
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation
Talking Who is Right: LLFF or Dapper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
It's not true. Unless they are talking about "at this very second".

I have been to more than one lesbian film festival here in the U.S.

And of course, there are annual queer film festivals all over the U.S. Two of them near me.

Maybe they just did a "quick and dirty" google search?
Dapper,

I forgot to get back to you on this, and I'm sure many others have also been waiting with bated breath to hear the results of my investigation after your disputing this event's yearly claim of it being 'North America's Only Lesbian Film Festival.'

I did write the organizers to ask them for verification of the claim, but, unfortunately, I haven't received a response back. I do plan on asking about this yearly claim to an organizer when I attend the event next weekend.

However, after an EXTENSIVE online search (and I do admit the fallibilities of Google), I did not find ONE solely LESBIAN film festival. There were LGBTQ (or some variation of) and Queer and even ones identified as Women's film festivals; however, this is the only one I can find that is solely identified as a LESBIAN FILM FESTIVAL in North America.

Dapper, what were the names of the SOLELY lesbian film festivals you attended? Maybe that will help. As you know, LGBT or QUEER or Women's film festivals will not be allowed as contradicting the London's festival's claim. It must be designated as a soley LESBIAN FILM FESTIVAL in order for your opposition to their claim to be warranted.

P.S. Tickets are still on sale!
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post: