View Single Post
Old 03-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #42
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Whew, this thread got dusty!

I just completed binge watching a four part Netflix documentary series "Cooked".

Based on the recent book from Michael Pollan of the same title. He is known for writing the Omnivores Dilemma, In Defense of Food, along with several other books and many documentary appearances on the subject of whole food, I thought it was fantastic. Taking a look through the lenses of history, culture, and science at what food means and how/why we cook was completely absorbing. It is aproached through the elements of fire, water, air, and earth.

I have watched and read everything I could find about food/culture/processing and the horrible state of what we call food in western culture for about a decade and have settled on similar ideas as this fellow.

"Eat good food. Not too much. Mostly plants." - Micheal Pollan

I'll put the trailer here, but **vegetarians/vegans beware**, beyond this point, there be some meat.

As an aside: I was a vegetarian for 12 years and found that for myself I feel and perform better with some, small, servings of consciously chosen and sourced animal proteins. Every person is different and there is no 'one size fits all'. That said, I find myself aligning with this journalists findings as an omnivore and hope that others enjoy it as well.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: