cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

My first job out of college was working as a receptionist for a small publishing company. One job requirement was answering the main phone line (duh), transferring LOTS of calls, and using the paging system several times per hour. On one particularly busy day, I had a number of phone calls come in at once. I remembering answering one call and putting them in the queue for paging. I picked up the paging line and answered the next phone call in a pleasant, professional voice: "Good afternoon this is [company name]. How may I help you?" Realizing my mistake, I quickly hung up the phone. The entire building had heard my page and was unusually silent. Soon I heard people start to burst into laughter. Including me! I think at this point, my boss came up front and let me take a break.
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post: