Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderella View Post
who I have been bragging about to no end about how well she's trained...she's been pooping on the blanket on my sofa - two days in a row - I punish her by locking her in her crate all day, but that doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions anyone? Pinky is just under 5 months old - Bichon Friese breed. She's my heart, and a love most of the time, but lately, she's been 'acting up' - what's up with that? Seems she's regressing...please help with suggestions/advise, I'm about to kill her!!! (just kidding)
no easy way to say this but if a dog poops in the house it's not the dogs fault.

Punishing her in the crate has probably ruined her from every wanting to be in the crate in a positive way. The crate should be a good comfy cozy*den* not a punishment device.

5 months old = no more than 5 hours to hold her bladder.. at the MOST..

She should be out to walk after meals to poop... walking makes them poop! Bring treats.. the minute she poops give her a treat RIGHT then and there.. don't wait to come inside..if she does poop in the house take the poop outside to the same pooping spot you want her to use, it should be the same place.

You should praise the good and ignore the bad... then you get more good and less bad... and a very loyal dog.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: