Puplove

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,216 Times in 705 Posts
Puplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST ReputationPuplove Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I never thought a romantic gesture or big proposal was necessary - my belief is that a proposal should never be a surprise, you should both know how the other feels and that marrying each other is the right thing. The big shocking question where the woman has no idea he was going to ask always seemed like a bad sign to me - are you that out of sync with each other already?

Well, true to form, I rationally talked about marriage, and even picked out rings with my Beauhunk, but I realized there was a little something in me that wanted to be asked - to have that moment of "will you?" where he's taking the risk and I am forced to stop and think...."hmmm...will I? Really, for real and forever?" I knew that was silly since we'd already talked and knew we'd marry, and we were both very happy knowing we were with our heart and soulmate, so I joked about the "surprise proposal" and didn't think it was necessary; when the time was right, we would agree when we'd be officially engaged and I would wear his ring.

A couple days before Christmas, I woke up and it felt like someone else was in the house. My dogs weren't making a fuss, so I knew Beauhunk must have come over early (for breakfast?? those who know me are laughing about that). I peeked out of the bedroom and called his name - no answer, but there was a ribbon across the steps with a note on it, a little poem telling me to get ready for a scavenger hunt and to follow the instructions. Oooh, a surprise Christmas present!

Each note held a sweet little poem about our courtship, getting to know each other, Beauhunk's move here...and each led me to a different room with a beautifully wrapped box with another note inside. Finally, the last one led me to the family room and Christmas tree, where there was a huge wrapped box and bow, with a note saying "lift me." When I did, there was my Beauhunk on his knee, holding a ring, shaking like a leaf and asking "Will you marry me?"

It was so beautiful and romantic, completely unexpected, and absolutely perfect. I cried and kissed him and was so overwhelmed I forgot to say "yes" for a few seconds (he says he was really sweating it!) I could never have predicted that flood of happiness when I formally accepted his proposal. The thing is, when he asked, my emotional/gut reaction confirmed my feelings at a depth I couldn't have predicted when we talked sensibly about our future and our love before.

It was the best proposal ever - the dream proposal I didn't even know I was dreaming of. That Beauhunk makes my crispy cold black heart all mushy and schmoopie like nobody's business.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "...Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."
Puplove is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Puplove For This Useful Post: