Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Great thread topic, kittygirl!!!

I am in an LDR. I have had them before some worked, others did not. I think the failed ones the stresses & distance were a huge factor. The ones that did work, we both put a lot of time & effort into them.

Trust is absolutely paramount to the success of this type relationship (and all others IMO).

What makes mine work is that we spend quality time regularly with one another. We have FT dates via FB messenger. We have coloring dates, dining together dates, & we keep the FUN in these dates.

We definitely put one another above all else. We respect one another. I know sometimes we all need our "me" space & I am very respectful & cognizant of that time for her, as she is for me.

We are very open & honest with one another. We share so much of ourselves with one another.

One thing we did do was become friends first & foremost. We were friends, exchanging pleasantries over the last few years, BUT when we began to talk, it was as friends. We shared so many laughs, and fun times, working on projects. We took time to get to know each other. We are still doing that.

We saved intimacy for much later, preferring to do so and be able to relax & enjoy each other. It was mutual respect & agreement to do so. That is something I haven't ever done before. It has been so wonderful to get to know HER, her heart, her mind, her soul, and her personality, as those are what I deem sexy!

We chose to keep ours under wraps for some time, and we didn't rush into changing our status, or our lives, yet focusing on one another. I met her family very first visit & am getting to know them as well.

There is so much that goes into keeping a relationship on an even keel & maintaining time with each other yet still having our individual lives. I respect her fierceness & independence as does she mine. She IS my best friend! I can count on her through anything and vice versa.

We do indeed "live" for one another. That is a very healthy way to view this kind of relationship. Good point kittygrrl.

Anyway, you get the idea of what works for us. Every relationship is very different & works according to the two people involved.

Good luck to all who embark on this way of life with another. It does and can work if both are on same page.