Old 03-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #51
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandScout View Post
Hi, Kim.

I like that straight hair look that I'm seeing a lot now, and that's what I'm looking to get with a curling iron. Since my hair is long now I thought it would be fun to have it be more straight, that it would have more "swing."

No, I don't use a product specifically designed to protect against heat when blow drying—that is a very good question and I should see what's out there.

I do use an Aveda leave-in conditioner called Damage Remedy, and an Aveda "smoothing fluid" in their Light Elements line. Sometimes for control I use the Light Elements "detailing wax" which is like hair spray without alcohol.

But no, none of these products is expressly for protection with blow drying or curling irons.

And I never see steam coming off my hair when I blow dry it, so maybe I need to get something to protect it against the hot air.

Thanks for writing!
IslandScout
Kim knows hair, so she'll be a great resource for you.

My question would be, if you are trying to straighten your hair, why you want to use a curling iron versus a flat iron?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote