Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,165 Times in 2,007 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

I believe the school district's intention was the child's safety. IMO, part of the problem with many of our social ills is that "parents" do not take a committed and active part in the parenting, raising of their child. The system alone cannot give the young ones love, support, guidance, safety.

Adults were telling my mother I was gay when I was about 11 or 12 years old. I said nothing. I was just being a typical tween filled with angst. Again at the age of 18 I was outed but this time, I did step up to the plate and told my mom the truth, Yes I am gay. I like girls.

I suspect the school district is in a position of "Damned if you do; Damned if you don't." The young person's safety is the priority. How can one stay silent about the very reason the child is being bullied? The parents could spend years trying to provide safety for their gay son while believing the bullying is promted by something completely unrelated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post: