View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Such great responces everyone...very thoughtful, and thought provoking as well.

Do I think the School District was wrong in outing the student...If the outing did not include bringing in the parents of the children doing the harrassing, then yes I think they were wrong. Maybe school wasn't the best place for this boy to come out, but with the attention being put soley on him as "the problem", I believe the the School District is sending the wrong message to the parents, school, community, and to the child himself.

He "agreed" to the school telling his folks? At 14 I did everything I was told to do by those in "authority"; that was the way I was raised. So did he agree because he thought it was the best option, or was it given as his only option to stop the harrassing?

I am also a parent, so I want to know everything happening with my child...but I was a safe person for my daughter to tell that she thought she was bi-sexual...did the School know what they could have done? The child is out of school this week...being "re-educated" by the parents and Church? I had a friend that was dragged from therapist to therapist in search of a "cure" when she was young; she tried to kill herself several times because her Mom said it was better to have a dead daughter than a gay daughter.

At what point, and in what circumstances should our children expect to be protected without feeling as though they have caused the bullying and harrassing?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: