Old 12-15-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Our schools and classrooms have many tasks and responsibilities. Outing a child is not one of them.

There are a significant number of ways that that conversation could have been worded to let the parents know that bullying behavior was going on without revealing that information.

Someone mentioned that maybe it's not a good idea since the child was fine with peers knowing but not his own parents. I agree. I also think, in this day and age, that there's more to be worried about than if they are going to throw him out on the street. Families keep a lot of secrets.

How would those who were so gung ho about outing him feel if they found out that he'd had his ass beat for it? That he was thrown out? That his parents were sending him to a church ordered facility to de-gay him?

Inappropriate.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: